In ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE, the student accommodation is a “home away from home”. They instill self-confidence and a spirit of camaraderie among the students, and contribute to professional fraternity. There are separate hostels for men and women, with all the necessary facilities for study and recreation within the college campus. Hostels are well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including Wi–Fi (Hi-speed internet) connectivity. A modern kitchen serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food caters to the need of the students.
The day to day activities of the hostels are taken care of by the council of wardens and are closely monitored by a hostel committee, which consists of the Wardens, Head of the Institution and Director.
- Discipline in the hostel will be under the control of the Warden, Deputy Wardens and Resident Tutors.
- Ragging in any form is banned as it is treated as a cognizable offence. Any resident found guilty of ragging will be dismissed from hostel and college. Further, legal action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Any ragging incidents should be reported to the wardern/Head of the institution, Director for immediate action.
- Smoking use of alcohol and other intoxicating items and playing cards are strictly prohibited.
- Members are not permitted to convene meetings of any nature in the hostel without the Warden’s written permission.
- Residence shall safeguard all hostel property including furniture and fixtures.
- Shouting, whistling, playing in verandahs, playing music systems loudly, affixing posters, photographs, wall paper, indecent posters etc., on walls and glass panels are strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to put up notices without the Warden’s written permission.
- Students shall not interfere with the work of the hostel staff and cases of misconduct, if any, should only be brought to the notice of the warden for appropriate action.
- Residents shall not stay outside after the hostel timing except in emergency (informed to the hostel authority). Residents shall not remain in the Hostel during class hours and at other times when their presence is expected in the Institution, except with the permission of the Warden.
- Student whose name is removed from Institution Rolls automatically forfsit the hostel membership.
- Students, who have vacated/expelled from the hostel due to disciplinary action, should obtain permission from warden for accommodation if they want to rejoin hostel.
- The Warden is vested with full powers to expel a student from the hostel if his / her presence is considered detrimental to the discipline of the hostel.
- In case of any dispute, the final decision shall rest with the warden / Head of the institution.
- No person other than those admitted as residents of the hostel may stay in the hostel premises.
- A student shall not occupy a room without allotment. Resident shall neither transfer nor exchange their rooms with another resident.
- The hostel authorities cannot be held responsible for any loss or theft of the belongings of the residents. The residents must make their own arrangements for safe custody of the same.
- DayScholars are not permitted inside the Hostel. Action will be taken against the residents who encourage and permit the dayscholar to stay in their room. However dayscholars are permitted for valid reasons by producing their college Identity card to the security guard during day time and with written permission obtained from Warden.
- Residents are expected to be dressed decently.
- Residents are not allowed to do any kind of business inside the hostel.
- Residents should keep their room allotment slip safely.
- Cases of contagious disease shall immediately be reported to Warden to take preventive measures.
In case of emergency, residents should contact wardens.
- In case of important work / urgent work, Residents shall be permitted to go home / local guardians place after a permission letter received from residents parents through post / courier. The Permission letter should be addressed to warden.
- Residents should register their attendance whenever they cross the security gates.
Maintenance and upkeep of hostels
- The furniture assigned to a room shall not be shifted from it. Residents shall be responsible for the articles issued to them and shall return them in proper condition to the hostel authorities when leaving / vacating the hostel. Residents shall be liable for due compensation in case of any loss or damage to those articles.
- Residents should keep their room tidy and clean. They shall not dispose off litter in the verandahs or other parts of hostel premises.
- Civil complaints and electrical complaints of the rooms and blocks shall be entered separately in the register kept at the entrance of blocks.
- Residents should put off the electrical appliances while leaving the room.
- Residents shall lock their rooms with a good lock at all times for the protection of their property and that of their roommates, while no one is in the room. Residents are informed to lock their rooms even if they are not available for a few seconds.