UGC REGULATIONS ON CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING
- This institution shall strictly observe the provision of the Act of the Central Government and the State Government, considering ragging as a cognizable offence under the law.
- “Ragging” means any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which cause hardship or psychological harm.
- Ragging in all its forms shall be totally banned in the entire institution, including the hostel.
- This institution is enforced with Anti-Ragging squad headed by the Principal. The Principal will take immediate action on receipt of the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging squad. The possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be any one or any combinations of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarships/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examinations or evaluation process.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Fine ranging between Rs.25,000/- and Rupees 1 lakh.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
The institution shall take prompt and appropriate action against the person[s] those derelictions of duty lead to the incident.